Infrared saunas come in many types. But the best infrared saunas by far are low EMF/ELF models. What exactly are low EMF infrared saunas and what are their unique benefits? Here’s everything you need to know, so you can choose the right sauna model for your needs.
Clearlight® Clearlight Infrared Saunas are the best infrared saunas on the market today. Explore the many fantastic models available for sale here at The Sauna Life! Shop Saunas
What Are Low EMF/ELF Infrared Saunas?
A low EMF or low ELS infrared sauna uses infrared light to warm the body. However, these particular infrared saunas have another important aspect: they both protect the human body from too much electromagnetic exposure and don’t produce extra electromagnetic waves themselves.
EMFs, or electromagnetic fields, are all around us all the time. We live in a highly technological world with gadgets and machines producing electromagnetic radiation at a scale not seen before in human history. Everything from power sockets to massive power lines on the street generate electromagnetic radiation.
Dangers of EMF Radiation
- Cellular dysfunction. EMFs can directly activate voltage-gated calcium channels or VGCCs in cellular membranes. This, in turn, can lead to disruptions of normal cellular functions, such as disordered neural signaling or decreased synaptic transmission in certain cells.
- Greater neuropsychiatric symptoms, also called “microwave syndrome”. These symptoms include sleepiness, depression, fatigue, headaches, anxiety, and more due to the effects electromagnetic waves can have on the brain.
- Oxidative damage to cells, which may accelerate the development of certain diseases like cancer. Oxidative stress produced from high EMF exposure can lead to damaged proteins in cells.
To avoid the risks associated with EMF radiation, low EMF saunas are the ideal choice. Compared to saunas with higher EMF levels, low EMF/ELF saunas protect your body from being exposed to too much radiation as it warms up. You’ll enjoy a welcome reprieve as the sauna bathes your tissues in helpful infrared light.
How Do Low EMF Saunas Work?
Low EMF saunas work the same way as regular infrared saunas. They utilize highly effective infrared lamps to directly warm your body with infrared light, rather than heating the air around your body through steam or other heating elements. The infrared light can more easily penetrate your body’s deeper tissues than heat from a traditional sauna, stimulating cellular regeneration and boosting blood flow overall.
However, low EMF saunas do not expose your body to ELF or extra low-frequency radiation, which is the same kind of radiation emitted by common utility power lines. Normally, you’re exposed to ELF radiation whenever you’re near an electrical appliance. But low EMF/ELF infrared saunas use specialized heaters that do not emit as much ELF radiation. They are also built with low ELF designs in mind, such as avoiding excessive power plugs or exposed wires. Of course, these saunas still provide all the fantastic benefits you’d expect from a high-quality infrared sauna experience.
Benefits of Using Low EMF/ELF Infrared Saunas
Low EMF infrared saunas can provide you with multiple long-lasting benefits, including:
- Improved Muscle Relaxation. Many athletes love using infrared saunas since they can help to reduce muscular tension, relieving significant pain and helping your muscles to recover after an intense workout or any physical exertion.
- Boosted Blood Flow. Of course, the infrared light produced by these saunas can also improve blood flow throughout the body by heating and widening blood vessels. More blood flow means that oxygenated, nutrient-rich blood can get to your surface tissues and vital organs, improving whole-body health along the way.
- Improved Regeneration, In large part due to the increased blood flow described above, your body might experience boosted regeneration from injuries. As it receives more oxygen and nutrients, damaged tissue can recover more quickly.
- Detoxification. The intense heating experience of an infrared sauna will cause your body to sweat deeply. In doing so, your body will rid itself of various toxins normally stored in in subcutaneous fats. Since infrared saunas heat deeper tissues than just the surface, the resulting sweat will be more effective and impactful.
- Skin health. As you sweat in the sauna, your pores open up. After your session, your skin may look cleaner and much healthier than before.
- No Risk of EMF Exposure Symptoms. Perhaps most important of all, low EMF infrared saunas do not come with the same risk of electromagnetic radiation side effects or symptoms as other infrared sauna models. You won’t experience intense headaches or depression due to overexposure to ELF radiation, allowing you to fully enjoy your sauna experience and feel better afterward.
Enjoy a Low EMF/ELF Infrared Sauna in Your Own Home!
As more and more people become aware of the potential risks inherent in high EMF exposure, low EMF/ELF saunas will become even more valuable and in-demand. Experience the difference for yourself today by ordering an infrared sauna for your own home!