THE HEALING POWER OF AMETHYST
Amethyst has the ability to produce small, detectable magnetic fields. While high levels of magnetic fields can be dangerous (particularly from electronics), these naturally-occurring lower power magnetic fields from amethyst have been thought to produce favorable results in the body. Since the body has its own magnetic field, it is posited that amethyst heals by boosting the personal field through positive energy exchanges. 
1) Cell Regeneration
Far-infrared is known to support healthy cell growth and regeneration. Scientific studies have shown that increasing far infrared wavelengths may correspondingly increase energy levels in the body. This increase in energy promotes the growth of healthy cells, aiding in whole body cellular growth.  Currently, the majority of experiments that verify these findings have been conducted with animals but results indicate that similar activity may occur in humans.
2) Sleep Support
We also know from experiments with animals and humans that far-infrared may help to regulate and modulate sleep patterns. The even gentle heat emitted by our amethyst crystals help provide a sense of calm for the body to support a healthy sleep cycle.
3) Blood Circulation
Far-infrared wavelengths have been shown to aid blood circulation, particularly the microcirculation of the capillaries. Initially, scientists believed that the circulation benefit from far-infrared was in relation only to the heat. A recent study, however, showed that it is actually the wavelengths emitted with the heat that contribute to the increased circulation. 
4) Fluid Motility
The circulation of blood and other fluids in the body have been shown to improve in response to far-infrared. The infrared wavelengths increase the lumen and flexibility of these vessels and supports the increase and regulation of fluid transportation in the body.
5) Mood Support
In one recent study, far infrared-emitting discs were placed under the pillows of subjects during sleep. Subjects with the infrared-emitting discs hidden underneath their pillows reported a statistically significant increase in overall life satisfaction. This was in direct comparison with those who had a placebo disc underneath their pillows and did not report the same increase in satisfaction.
6) Antioxidant Activity
Almost everyone has heard about antioxidants and the general health benefits associated with them. Diet, it is found, is not the only source of getting your daily antioxidants. New studies show that far-infrared wavelengths may actually be a good additional source of antioxidant activity within the body, as well. 
7) Wound Support
Since far-infrared increases circulation, it makes sense that wound healing is improved because increased circulation provides the cells with the nutrients and oxygen needed for repair. Far-infrared wavelengths may also promote repair mechanisms in skin tissue by increasing metabolic rates. Such repair is required with patients having conditions such as diabetes-induced skin damage. Other cellular damage related to chronic and acute conditions and reconstructive surgeries may also benefit from the infrared from our heated amethyst.
8) Bacteria Fighter
Science has now shown that far-infrared aids the inhibition of bacterial growth by slowing the actions of certain growth-promoting enzymes.  Scientists have found that it is the far-infrared wavelengths specifically, and not just the heat, that inhibits the growth of some bacteria in the body. Heat alone, does not seem to have the same effect.
These are only a few of the many possible benefits of far-infrared wavelengths available by using our Clearlight amethyst gemstone mats. Other benefits come from the negative ions generated from our amethyst crystals. These negative ions clean the air and energize the body as mentioned above.
Excerpted from the article 8 Benefits of Amethyst Gemstone
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
- Hall, Judy. Crystal User’s Handbook : An Illustrated Guide. Grand Rapids: Sterling Co., Inc., 2002.
- Inoue, Shojiro, and Morihiro Kabaya. Biological Activities Caused by Far-Infrared Radiation. International Journal of Biomereology 33 (1989): 145-50.
- Yu, Shi-Yau, Jen-Hwey Chiu, Shiaw-Der Yang, Yu-Chen Hsu, Wing-Yiu Lui, and Chew-Wun Wu. Biological effect of far-infrared therapy on increasing skin microcirculation in rats. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 22 (2006): 78-86.
- Lee, Seung-Cheol, Seok-Moon Jeong, So-Young Kim, Hae-Ryong Park, K. C. Nam, and D. U. Ahn. Effect of far-infrared radiation and heat treatment on the antioxidant activity of water extracts from peanut hulls. Food Chemistry 94 (2006): 489-93.
- Sawai, Jun, Koji Sagara, Atsushi Hashimoto, Hideo Igarashi, and Masaru Shimizu.Inactivation characteristics shown by enzymes and bacteria treated with far-infrared radiative heating. International Journal of Food Science and Technology 38 (2003): 661-67.
- Lee, Byung U., Mikhail Yermakov, and Sergey A. Grinshpun. Removal of fine and ultrafine particles from indoor air environments by the unipolar ion emission.Atmospheric Environment 38 (2004): 4815-823.
- Lee, Byung U., Mikhail Yermakov, and Sergey A. Grinshpun. Unipolar ion emission enhances respiratory protection against fine and ultrafine particles. Journal of Aerosol Science 35 (2004): 1359-368.