An infrared sauna experience is a great way to wind down after a long day and experience many other health benefits. But, what if there was a way to enhance that experience? With essential oils, you can heighten your experience and mold it to the exact needs for your mind and body.
Read on to find out more about how this works, and how it can benefit you.
Clearlight® Premier Far Infrared saunas feature cutting edge technology and engineering to provide a truly luxurious feel for any home.
At its core, aromatherapy is a holistic wellness practice that uses natural essential oils or plant extracts to help promote your health on both a physiological and mental level. Also called essential oil therapy, aromatherapy combines very well with other therapeutic techniques, including sauna sessions, yoga, and meditation.
Due to its gentle and soothing effects, aromatherapy has been used for thousands of years in cultures such as ancient Egypt and China. Today, you can find aromatherapy products and devices in a variety of forms and sizes, including diffusers, shower scenters, and more.
Essential Oils and Benefits in Sauna Sessions
Thanks to its long history of use, aromatherapy may be able to provide an array of physiological and mental benefits, including but not limited to:
- Relief from chronic and joint pain
- Reduced stress, anxiety, and/or agitation
- Improved sleep quality and relaxation
- Improved digestion
- Boosted immune system performance
- Alleviated symptoms for headaches or migraines
- And more
With certain essential oils, you can make your sauna session smell fragrant like flowers, spices, and more. You’re in complete control of your therapeutic experience.
Top Essential Oils for Infrared Sauna Aromatherapy
There are dozens of different essential oils commonly used for sauna aromatherapy. But the below fragrances and oils are some of the best for infrared sauna sessions:
- Cinnamon – choosing cinnamon essential oil can help to warm up your sauna session even further by invigorating your lungs and mind. This essential oil is also said to be perfect for soothing sore muscles and congestion.
- Citrus – a classic essential oil from fruits like lemon and orange, citrus aromatherapy may give you an energy boost and may also provide cleansing antidepressant effects. It is uplifting and a great start to your day.
- Eucalyptus – another traditional essential oil, eucalyptus may be able to offer health benefits like relief from mental exhaustion and antibacterial effects. As a diffused essential oil, it may also assist with respiratory issues.
- Peppermint – a perfect essential oil for the winter months and for clearing the sinuses, this tingly fragrance is great while enjoying a sauna session on a cold winter night.
- Lavender – arguably the most popular essential oil for diffusing, this aromatherapy favorite is soothing and may help you wind down after a long and stressful day at work. It may also provide relief from headaches or promote a good night’s rest.
Which Infrared Saunas Work with Essential Oils?
Good news – all of Clearlight’s infrared saunas work with essential oil aromatherapy! It’s all thanks to our new aromatherapy holder add-on, which you can combine with any of our infrared sauna devices.
With this add-on, you can now enjoy the physiological benefits of aromatherapy at the same time as you enjoy a relaxing soak in your sauna. Combine that with some halotherapy and you’ll be well on your way to a rejuvenating, revitalizing experience in no time.