It is nearly impossible to avoid contact with harmful chemicals and pollutants in the air all across our modern world. We are continuously exposed to these toxins in the most unassuming ways, like through food, household items, hygienic products, tap water, and the natural environment. This is partly due to industrial companies that deal with lead, mercury, cadmium, and chromium emitting these chemicals into the air.
Without the proper cleansing procedure of our body, the accumulation of heavy metals and toxins that are absorbed in our body is inevitable. What’s crazy is that many toxins settle in the inner lining of the body’s largest organ, the skin. Should you be sitting around and not actively releasing these damaging toxins, you are putting your health at risk. The proper way to combat harmful toxins is through detoxification.
Although the body has the natural ability to detox, there are still things we can do to help. The body has a defense system to fight infections, fix broken enzymes and protect itself from viruses and diseases, but sometimes it depletes its energy and resources. A little extra help goes a long way to keeping your body from being irreparably harmed. One of the things that have been proven to help detoxify your body and is gaining more popularity is the use of red light saunas.
Using a Red Light Sauna
As with anything nowadays, you assume some risks associated with using a red light sauna, but you shouldn’t worry if you are utilizing it properly. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind for optimum results:
- Remove every piece of jewelry before using the red light sauna.
- Don’t go directly into the red light sauna after eating. You want to wait at the very minimum a few hours after eating.
- The perfect time to use the red light sauna is either first thing in the morning or right before you turn in for the day.
- For first-time red light sauna users, start small. Then you can progressively increase your time as your body adjusts to each session. It is normal to start at twenty to thirty minutes a day. You also want to have company or supervision, especially if you are a beginner.
- The moment you feel uncomfortable, ill, nauseous, dizzy, or have trouble breathing, exit the red light sauna immediately.
- Always talk to your physician or a medical professional if you have existing medical conditions before using a red light sauna.
- Drink plenty of water before and after each session to stay properly hydrated.
- Make sure you allow your body to relax to detoxify effectively. Avoid overthinking and speaking.
- Keep a towel nearby to wipe off any sweat. This prevents reabsorption of the toxins in the body that have been excreted.
- Take a shower after your sauna session to thoroughly rinse off sweat. Allow your body to relax and readjust to the average temperature after the red light sauna session.
Incorporate a Red Light Sauna To Your Life
The health benefits of using a red light sauna are incredibly positive and can have a long-lasting impact on overall wellbeing. It is ideal for cleansing the body of damaging toxins that a typical shower cannot. Consider a red light sauna from The Sauna Life today. Call our office at 513-309-2527 to learn more or request a quote online.